Resource List: Prepping your Wardrobe for Fall
For all of you who are currently in the middle of prepping your wardrobe for the fall season: Here’s a quick list of resources that you may find helpful and some ideas for things you can do as part of your wardrobe update.
- For a detailed step-by-step action plan check out Fall Wardrobe Updates: The Complete Guide
Updating your look for the new season
- Use Pinterest to redefine your personal style and discover new ideas.
- Feeling uninspired? Try a couple of these 50 mini assignments to get your creative juices flowing.
- Build a digital or real life mood board that represents the overall look you are going for this fall/winter.
- Choose a versatile colour palette for your wardrobe.
Pre-season wardrobe prep
- Select a few key proportions for your fall wardrobe that suit your style and lifestyle. Check out the proportions catalogue for lots of fall-appropriate examples.
- Develop a flexible signature look (or uniform) that you can wear in lots of different versions throughout the season.
- Build a mixable capsule wardrobe based on your style concept.
- Is your wardrobe tailored to your lifestyle? Take the test here.
- Store away off-season clothes and give your wardrobe a quick detox at the same time.
- Before you start shopping for new items: Set yourself a realistic budget with one of these five budgeting techniques.
- Simplify and de-stress your shopping process.
- Train yourself to make smarter purchasing decisions: 5 questions to ask yourself before buying a new item.
- Aim for quality, instead of quantity! Read up on how to distinguish high-quality garments from low-quality ones in the garment quality series.